Oh we do love to be beside the seaside! No seriously we do! Brighton has long been one of the most popular UK locations for a cheeky weekend away, a chance to leave your troubles behind and head for a weekend by the sea!
Brighton, the epitome of cool and bohemian, rolled into one, That's why VIP are proud to call it our UK base, so if you’re in need of any insights or hints then you’re in the very best of hands!
From getting lost in the labyrinth of The Laines, to sipping cocktails on the seafront and watching the sunset over the famous Palace Pier. Brighton is the perfect destination for a top stag or hen weekend.
Packed with so many bars, restaurants, nightlife and activities, you’ll have trouble fitting everything in, The town is compact enough that it’s easily walkable, heels permitting! Spend your day browsing the many boutique shops found in the North or South Laines.
By night, If you’re the alternative type, venture up to Kemptown Brighton’s gay district where you’ll find an eclectic mix of bars, clubs and eateries. If partying is your thing then Brighton truly does rock, head down to the seafront, where you’ll find a selection of trendy bars clubs with music for everyone's tastes!
TOP Hen Ideas Brighton
- Alcotraz - Enjoy a cocktail or four in this fabulous immersive experience. Can you escape the warden?
- Cocktail Class – Mix up a storm with a cocktail or two at this fun filled lesson.
- School Sports Day– Roll back the years with this hilarious retro sports challenge.
- Escape Rooms - Have you got what it takes to escape? Pit your wits against the clock and your mates in the ultimate challenge.
- Showlesque – Enjoy a raunchy Burlesque Show with a 3 Course meal. Located in the fashionable South Laines, this is an amazing night out!
- Afternoon Tea – A delicious decadent afternoon treat for the bride-to-be. A must for any hen weekend.
- Burlesque Lessons– Lots of hen giggles as you learn the sultry art of burlesque.
- Life Drawing– A hunky naked male model to stare at and draw? Yes please!
TOP Stag Ideas Brighton
- Go Karting - Race for pole position at this exciting outdoor track situated just outside of town.
- Alcotraz - Think Prisoner cell block H with cocktails and you’re starting to get the picture!
- Private Guided Brighton Bar Crawl - Discover the best bars in Brighton with your own personalised bar crawl.
- Bubble Football - Total madness, football will never be the same again. Prepare for bubble mayhem
- Escape Room - Have you got what it takes to escape? Pit your wits against the clock and your mates in the ultimate challenge.
- Clay Shooting - Classic stag weekend action you and your mates and a load of guns it's time to get competitive.
- Lap Dancing - No stag weekend is complete without a trip to a Lapdance lounge!
- Paintball - Timeless classic stag weekend fun. Time to get your revenge on the stag.
North & South Laines
North Laines is a central hotspot and you’ll be sorted for the night if you’re a drinking devotee. Did you know Brighton has more pubs then there are days in the year! You’ll never go thirsty in this town. This area is renowned for independent boutiques, flea markets and of course pubs a plenty. VIP knows all the best bars, just ask and we'll let you know about all the hidden secrets!
Nestled conveniently between the Palace Pier & Brighton Marina. Kemptown is a must or those looking to get away from the tried and tested commercial bars you’ll find in most British towns. Start your night out at Charles Street a huge gay friendly bar opposite the Palace Pier, and work your way up St James Street. Neighbourhood and The Sidewinder are a must. For the more adventurous amongst you check out The Bulldog, one of Brighton’s oldest and most notorious Gay Clubs. If you venture further along the seafront you’ll find Concord 2 a great venue under the arches showcasing the latest bands and top DJ nights.
Palace Pier & The Seafront
No trip to the seaside is complete without a stroll along the pier. Grab yourself some fish and chips and try your hand in the amusements, If thrills and spills are your thing walk to the end of the pier for rides and games galore. Speak to VIP about a day pass for unlimited rides with fish and chips included. Leaving the Pier if you head west along the beachfront, there are bars and clubs a plenty. If you’re a burger fan check out Lucky Beach or if it's just drinking your after be sure to try the Fortune of War or Brighton Music Hall, plenty of live bands and top tunes with a massive outside seating area overlooking the sea! If you have a head for heights jump on the I360 tower and enjoy fantastic views of the Sussex coast and countryside!
To us Brightonians, Hove is like a well kept secret. It’s often the place us locals retreat to when the town gets overrun with tourists in the busy summer months.
For those new to Brighton, it’s impossible to know where Brighton ends and Hove starts. If it’s up market restaurants and refined pubs you're after then Hove ticks all the boxes. Jump in a cab and ask for Church Road and you’ll discover a different laidback side to Brighton, If you love seafood be sure to try out the Urchin, or try a cocktail at the beautiful Hixon Green.
Activities in Brighton
Brighton and the surrounding area is a pretty big place. Whilst most activities are close to the town centre, Some of the more outdoor pursuits are further away from town. For example Clay shooting, Go karting typically takes place in the beautiful Sussex countryside anything up to a 45 minute drive from the town centre. Speak to one of the VIP team about arranging bespoke transfers, so you and your group can arrive and return in style. Don’t get stuck wasting time, waiting for taxis, book your transfers in advance for a hassle free weekend.
Brighton is a compact city and is easy to get around on foot, it's not particularly hilly so you won’t be inconvenienced by getting around on foot. If walking is not your thing there is a comprehensive bus service which can get you around the city in no time.
One day passes are available for £5 and some of the services run through the night on the weekends. Taxis and Ubers are plentiful if you prefer.
Situated just an hour on the train from central London train stations and just a 30 minute drive from Gatwick Airport it’s a well connected city.