The Council of Ministers approved a resolution extending the situation of calamity throughout the continental national territory until 23:59 h on August 31, 2021 and amending the applicable measures.
The diploma, which enters into force on August 1, 2021, establishes a new deconfinement regime that becomes the same throughout the continental territory. The diploma defines the new phases within the scope of the gradual strategy of surveying measures to combat the COVID-19 disease pandemic, which considers several factors, including the percentage of the population with complete vaccination.
Thus, 3 phases are planned:
Phase 1 – more than 50% of the population with complete vaccination (August 1):the restrictions on circulation on the public road after 11 pm are eliminated;
the current rules on sanitary and public health measures are maintained (in particular those relating to compulsory confinement, the use of masks or visors, the control of body temperature and the carrying out of tests), as well as the applicable traffic measures. air, airports and land, sea and river borders;
cultural shows in venues of a fixed nature now have a capacity of 66% of their respective capacity;
most of the installations, establishments and equipment that were closed are reopened, with the exception of discotheques, dance or party halls or other similar places or installations, and of popular parades and festivities or folklore or other manifestations of any nature;
bars and other non-spectacled beverage establishments, subject to the rules established for the catering sector and similar, as long as they comply with the rules and guidelines in force and those specifically elaborated by the General Directorate of Health;
teleworking is now recommended throughout the national territory, whenever the functions in question allow it;
restaurant and similar establishments or cultural and sporting facilities start to operate according to the time of the respective licensing, with the limit of 02:00, with public access being excluded for new admissions from 01:00 onwards;
with regard to the number of people per table in restaurants, the rule of a maximum of 6 people per table inside or 10 people on the terraces will apply throughout the mainland national territory;
The rules in force in high and very high risk municipalities regarding the testing or presentation of a Digital Covid certificate for the purpose of serving meals inside restaurant establishments, on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, become applicable throughout the national territory, as well as on Fridays from 19:00;
for access to gambling establishments, casinos, bingos or similar and to spas, spas or similar establishments, the rules laid down for access to tourist establishments or local accommodation apply (presentation by clients of COVID Digital Certificate or a test with a negative result);
with regard to physical activity, the practice of physical activity outdoors and in gyms and gyms is now allowed throughout the mainland national territory, and for group classes it is necessary to present a COVID Digital Certificate or a test with a negative result.
Phase 2: More than 70% of the population with complete vaccinationRestaurants, cafes and patisseries now have a maximum limit of eight people per group inside and 15 people per group on terraces;
Citizen stores without prior appointment;
Cultural shows in fixed nature venues with 75% capacity;
Public transport without capacity;
Family events (namely weddings and baptisms) now have a maximum limit of 75% of the capacity.
Phase 3: More than 85% of the population with complete vaccinationRestaurants, cafes and patisseries with no maximum number of people per group, either indoors or on terraces;
Establishments and equipment without capacity limits;
Cultural shows with unlimited capacity
Family events (namely weddings and baptisms) no longer have capacity limits;
Bars and clubs reopen their usual activity upon presentation of an EU COVID Digital Certificate or a negative test result.
On the land border, document control of people was restored. National citizens and holders of residence permits may still enter the country. Returning tourists may still cross the border so as to allow them to return to their country of origin.
Authorized Crossing Points at the Land Border - www.sef.pt
Is it possible to postpone our event or change location?
- Yes in cases outside of cancellation terms. However, we would advise taking very quick action to secure a new solution.
- We will do our best to make any amendments to your booking prior to the final balance deadline. This will be subject to availability and price discrepancies.
- If you have already paid your final balance (and your event is now within cancellation terms) but wish to postpone, this will be at the discretion of our suppliers.
- Please get in touch with your Event Manager immediately if this is something you would like to look into.
Is it possible to postpone our event or change location?
- Yes, if it is outside of the standard cancellation periods this should be possible, availability allowing, with most providers at no extra charge.
If your trip is directly affected by COVID-19 Restrictions
• We will offer you an alternative trip.*
• Free amendments up to 6 weeks prior to travel.
• We can postpone your trip for up to 18 months.*
• We can offer you a voucher for the equivalent cost of your planned trip.
• If all else fails, we can offer you a refund minus the deposit.
Bookings that haven’t yet been affected by COVID-19:
If you are a party leader and are concerned that your trip may be affected by COVID-19, please get in touch with us and we can go through your options.
If You Haven't Booked your Trip Yet
With total flexibility, you can have peace of mind. You’ll be able to change almost everything on the trip up to 6 weeks before you are scheduled to travel, along with alternatives and other options should COVID-19 restrictions end up affecting your travel.
After the 6 week deadline, we will always try to work with suppliers to get the best solution for your group, however we can’t guarantee anything.
Your final balance is due 6 weeks prior to the event. Up until this point you can:
• Change your location free of charge*
• Change activities free of charge*
• Postpone your trip free of charge*
• Add or remove group members as much as you like (subject to loss of deposit)
• Group members can drop out at this point and only lose their deposit.
3. If your booking is directly affected by COVID19 travel restrictions**, we can offer you the following options:
OPTION 1 - WE WILL OFFER YOU AN ALTERNATIVE
How would this work?
If your group were due to travel to Portugal next week and the FCDO changed it’s advice to allow only essential travel to the Portugal then we would offer you an alternative package, most likely in a UK destination. We would try and create a package as similar as possible to the one you have already booked (but you would be under no obligation to accept it!).
We are unable to refund group members who contact Covid and are unable to travel on the weekend planned due to having to self isolate.
Further Information On Covid-19:
- Use info from FCO updates - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- For health advice see NHS - https://www.nhs.uk/
- ABTA - https://www.abta.com/news/
- Portugal Travel - https://www.
- Portugal Situation - https://www.
safecommunitiesportugal.com/ major-incident-coronavirus- 2019-ncov/
- Portugal Tourism - https://www.visitportugal.com/
- WHO - World Health Organization - www.who.int/emergencies/